Absolutely! Our standard newsletters follow a general outline, or we can customize them with additional content. As always, your newsletter goes out with your photo and brand colours/design.
Here is what is included in each newsletter as standard. You can add or remove sections to this, but you cannot change the order that these are displayed. The order is as follows:
1. Header image - This is branded with your colours and logo, and is custom to you.
2. Intro note - You can include a custom introduction to your readers. If you are too busy this month, or on an ongoing basis, our team will write a brief introduction to your readers.
3. Signature - This contains your contact details and name of your brokerage, along with any tag lines you have provided.
4. Custom Articles (optional) - This is where any custom articles you have provided will be. To send us an article to include, email firstname.lastname@example.org before the 14th of each month.
5. Light and engaging article - This is written by our marketing team and is related to real estate. Some subjects include: gardening tips, home decor, home staging and seasonally relevant content.
6. Local Events - These are included based on the area you are in. They are pulled automatically so can't include custom events here. If you would like to include a custom event, you can send us the content (a description and photo) to include in the custom article in section 4.
7. Featured Listings - These will pull automatically from your website's featured listings. You can also manually specify which listings you would like displayed here.
8. Real Estate Board Article - This is an article published by your real estate board each month that contains information about the market specific to your region.
9. Predefined Search - This is three of listings from a pre-defined area you have chosen. As a default, this is the region that your brokerage is in but you can change this at any time by emailing email@example.com
10. Footer Image - We pull this from your website, and is generally your brokerage logo unless you make a request for a specific image.
11. Mailchimp unsubscribe link - So that your newsletter abides by email regulations, we include an unsubscribe link for readers to opt out of communications from you. This will happen automatically on Mailchimp's backend and you do not have to do anything with any unsubscribes.
We will send you a preview of your newsletter one week before it goes out to your contacts, as well as a reminder email a few days after that. You have until 3pm PST the day before the newsletter goes out to give us any changes you would like to make. (This deadline also applies for adding new contacts in MailChimp.)
Here are the parts of the newsletter that you can change:
- Subject line. The default is "November Newsletter"
- The introduction. You can leave a personal message from yourself about work, family, seasonality or anything that engages with your audience. If you are too busy to write this, no problem! Your newsletter will go out with a standard introduction written by our team.
- Custom articles. You can add custom articles, videos or stats you've found online.
- If you prefer not to have our light and engaging article this month, we can remove that for you (and replace it with a custom article if you have something you would prefer)
- The location highlighted on your predefined-search
Remember, if you'd like to add custom content, customize existing content or add your own introduction, you have to send this to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3pm PST on the 14th of each month. If you miss this deadline, we can add this to your next newsletter but will not be able to add it to the newsletter on the 15th.